Friday, July 6, 2007

It feels good to be back!

The past 5 days have been great...I am back to training and while I don't yet feel in shape it just feels good to be out doing what I love. The weather has been amazing and there's nothing like long rides/runs/swims when the weather is perfect.
Yesterday I picked up a new sponsor...Gu Sports. They will be supplying me with food/nutrition and clothing. When I say food I mean GU, which is basically sugar that gets absorbed quickly and provides a rapid energy boost...perfect for race day so I can avoid "hitting the wall" like I did in Richmond. They also make an electrolyte/carbohydrate drink that will keep me fuel during training and racing.

I am still relying on the Trailblaze bars b/c they are too good! GU is more of a race day product while trailblaze bars are an everday product.
So, that is the good news here.
Another week of endurace/base training and then I will move into the hard stuff...can't wait!

No comments: