Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mountain biking is fun, period!


Yesterday I went for my first mountain bike ride in a while and I realized why I love Xterra so much. I just feel like a kid on my mountain bike and that is a great feeling!
Training is going well (although it is really tough when you are out of shape!). Still only light workouts but I am getting my body used to training stress and it feels good. I will take feeling out of shape and slow over sick without question.
So, I fired up a batch of matisse and jack's chocolate power snacks last night and I added some peanut butter to the mix...all I can say is AWESOME! Seriously, order some of these bars and put in the PB...you won't be disappointed! Warning,they are addictive and I can't stop eating them. I have to fight Jess for them though...she loves them as much as I do. I just hide them when she's not looking =)

I will be putting in some time on the bike and in the water over the next 2 days then it is up to Tahoe for some cross-country skiing. Reto promises me this is the fastest way to build fitness...we'll see if I can even make forward progress on those big sticks! I am looking forward to it...mixing it up a bit is always good for the mind as well as physically.
Take care and stay away from my chocolate power snacks! Oh, and they are great with espresso.

No comments: