Wednesday, August 20, 2008

You realize how much you love something when it's taken away....

Man, I already miss racing and find myself trying to figure out a way to make it to some of the remaining Xterra races! This time of year can be hard for athletes b/c you can feel burned out but, for me, I just miss the racing and burn out is the furthest thing from my mind. I know deep down that racing is going to be impossible this season...I have an unbelievable amount of work on my plate right now. I am managing to get out for some "training" between work and planning our move but nothing specific to racing like structured intervals.
I realize more and more how much I love to train and feel fit...it really rounds me out and makes me a happier person. When things are take away from you you realize how important they truly are.
I have been thinking about doing the Xduro World Championships and even the Xduro National Championships since I can fit in some running right now. The National Champs is a long shot just b/c Jess and I will be so busy with moving, etc. but the Xduro World Champs is a possibility. We'll see, it is all just a dream right now but as things calm down and life becomes a bit more manageable perhaps you'll hear me say we are off to Hawaii to race the Xduro World Champs in December. This is just my way of staying in touch with racing and the Xterra culture that I love so much.
Well, off to stare at my computer for another 8 hrs (A noon run with the dog has never been so exciting to me after this amount of computer time!). Have a good one!

1 comment:

jameson said...

do it man... i would love to do the Xduro WC's too.

another option is the Las Vegas Marathon (or half) on 12/7. Beth is going to running it as her first mary... I will be there and in charge of the post race partying!

It would be blast to have you and jess there.