Monday, April 13, 2009

Rest week done...time to work!

The rest week was perfect and I came out of it feeling good. It showed on monday when I did my hard run (6x1k with 2 min rest). I ran way faster then I ever have, which is promising to see. I followed the run up with a mellow swim with some drill work.
Today I felt the effects of my hard run and had a horrible swim workout. Later today I did a recovery ride on the rollers, which is always good for coordination and drill work. I will try my hand at swimming again tomorrow =) and then get in a ride and run.
I have Sea Otter this week so I will be racing my bike a lot and I am really looking forward to it. I have been away from racing for a while now so it will be a good gauge of fitness. It is certainly the time of year to start going HARD so we will see how I cope with the pain =)
Truthfully, I feel as strong now as I ever did last year (and every year before that) and I am just starting the really hard workouts. I am pretty happy with where I am right now and I am confident that over the next several weeks I will really come into some good form.
Kind of boring post, sorry. I should have more interesting info to report once Sea Otter kicks off on Thursday.

1 comment:

Luke said...

good luck out there brotha!