Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Camping at the beach and the SLO crit


I am now back in S.D. after being gone for a few weeks. It was a fun filled 3 weeks and I already miss the slow paced life of the central coast. However, it is good to be home at the beach with some nice weather.
I transported all of our Skinfit inventory down to S.D. yesterday...nothing like a Uhaul trailer! So, yesterday was a busy one and today is more of the same. Things seem to be picking up with Skinfit, which is awesome to see.
While we were up in SLO we got away for a night of camping on the beach with some good friends. Plenty of beer and BBQ to keep us entertained.


--Gavin is sooooo stoked on the cherries...a reminder that it's the little things in life that mean the most.

Also, we had a booth at the SLO crit, which proved to be a good networking day...I saw tons of friends and old faces. A really cool event if you can ever make it up there for it.


My knee is still on the mend. I would give my right arm to ride or run right now. It is killing me but I have been pretty good lately about blocking it out. At least I have plenty to keep me busy. Truthfully, after I was told I need another 4 weeks (2 weeks ago) I basically hung it up entirely. I have played in the pool a few times in the last month but that's it. At this point I just want my knee to heal so I can start dragging my overweight and out-of-shape body over some hills and roads.

So, that's it from here. I am in S.D. for the next month or so and then back up north for some events and some other exciting Skinfit business (I will share all this later but we have some good stuff in the works.) Hope everyone is having fun out there.

Oh, if anyone out there wants to go head-to-head in an eating and/or beer drinking contest bring it on....my belly indicates a massive tolerance for good brew and food =) I will take you down!

5 comments:

xteric said...

Go Chestnut!

Luke said...

haha...when you a ready to start your return to superfit status (all of the 2-3 weeks it will take you)...let me know!

Ryan Weeger said...

you know im always down for a good ol fashioned beer drinking contest. and bottoms up to you getting better quick!

Zippy said...

You'll be back training before you know it. I actually got out for a road ride today. :D

Unknown said...

It is way better than relying on oral pain meds! Good Luck, Caroline...

--
Jenifer
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices