Friday, May 29, 2009

Blah, blah, blah....

Same old sad story...I still can't train on the bike or run. Okay, I can ride a little but only short distances, flat, and easy (no more then 1 hr). I can't run without discomfort for more then a couple minutes. My knee is certainly getting better (without question) but not quickly enough for me. I have missed 3 cup races and I just cancelled my travel plans for Idaho. Not exactly what I had planned for this year. It is no secret that I was beyond fired up to race this year and I was in the best shape of my life. To see this season rapidly passing me by is disheartening to say the least. In all honesty, I will probably miss the cup races in Richmond and Little Rock too b/c this knee just needs more time. A hard pill to swallow for sure.

I did find out that the elliptical machine doesn't hurt my knee at all. So, at least I can go to the gym with Jess and sweat, which actually feels amazing (kind of feel like I am sweating chlorine though!). I am totally that moron doing interval training on the elliptical...yes, I seriously do intervals and I don't really care what anyone thinks! =) I can actually get my HR quite high, which was a huge surprise. I mean I knew I could get my HR up but I can really get cranking on that thing and I manage to get in some really good workouts. Today I did 6x3 min with 2 min easy between intervals. Me doing intervals on an elliptical is something I never thought I would do but I need to be active, I need to sweat, and I want to retain as much fitness as possible so that when I do return my form comes back quickly. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

So, the waiting game continues and I am trying to fill my time with other things. I am happy to report that for my birthday Reto got me a sodastream....basically I can make my own carbonated water with the push of a button. Most people that know me know I love carbonated water and now I can make it in my own house! So stoked!!!!! You have to get one of these things!


That's it from here. Have fun out there this weekend!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Trev,
Sorry to hear about you missing more races. We are thinking about you and hoping for a full recovery soon.

runninggunner said...

That sucks about missing races. I hope you heal up sooner.

Intervals on the eliptical are awesome. A guy at my gym does them, then showers and puts on the same sweaty clothes. Don't really understand that.

Luke said...

keep your head in the game bro! these 30 days will go by.

FatDad said...

Bummer about the season. This months GQ has a little blurb about the Sodastream. that thing looks crazy.

Ryan Weeger said...

Haha, i love that little tiny alcohol single shot bottle with the other two big ones...is that your energy shot for your elliptical training? Youll be dominating again soon I know it.