Thursday, February 7, 2008

My life on the road...

So, the airport feels like my home away from home these days. Thank god my life on the road ends tonight once I touch down in Monterey. For the past 2 weeks I have been traveling a lot for work and while it has been productive I am beat!
I can't wait to sleep in my own bed and see Jess and Sophie. I can assure you this weekend will be filled with sleep and some training (for sanity reasons).
The good thing is that I scheduled a rest week this week so after some training super early in the morning on monday I took off to New Jersey where I spent tuesday and wednesday. I took tuesday and wednesday off from training and got in a nice 1 hr run on the beach this morning in Marina Del Rey. It was a nice, relaxing run that left me with some much needed energy, which I have been lacking the last couple days. I powered through my meeting this morning only to sit in the airport for 4 hours...can someone get a few more flights into monterey?!!!!!
So, after several days of very little sleep and plenty of time locked up in an office I thought it was time for a beer. So, here I sit, sipping my beer and counting the minutes until I board my plane back home.
I hope the weather holds up and I have some sunny days ahead. I am loking forward to some quality time with my bike and running shoes. Starting tomorrow I will do some performance tests to evaluate my fitness level and then launch into my second Base phase...giddy up, it's time to get rolling!
Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: