Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update

Tomorrow I plan to start back with some light training after being sick for a while now. I am really excited to get back at it. Before I got sick I felt strong and I was happy with my progress. I am not really too worried about my time off as it is still early in the season and I had some decent form not too long ago. I am sure it will come back quickly as it always does. The weather has been unreal so I can't wait to get out an enjoy it.
The biggest news here is that Reto Waeffler will be coaching me. Reto is a good friend of mine and has been for over 10 years now. He was on the Swiss National Team (triathlon), raced on the ITU world-cup circuit and has gone head-to-head with the best triathletes in the world. Reto has been a resource for me over the years and has taught me almost everything I know. In the past, he has give me some input regarding my annual plan and has played a consultative role throughout the year but I did pretty much all of the planning/scheduling myself. Now, Reto is officially taking over and will be playing a very active role in my training and racing. I am excited to have his guidance, especially since I am planning to take my racing to the next level this year. I need his knowledge and experience to make the big jump I am aiming for.
I have some other things in the works but it is still too early to reveal those. Exciting stuff though.
Just wanted to give an update. I should have more to share after the weekend.
Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Luke said...

right on bro...i am stoked to see how the year unfolds for ya!

beth said...

that's awesome trevor- can't wait to see how you do with Reto...you're a big man to give up control of the plan..
can't wait to see you soon!
-b