Sunday, January 4, 2009

S.D. days...


The past few days post new years have been great. They have been filled with training and good times.
On friday, I met up with Luke to ride Aliso Woods (about an hour north of us) and some other park that we connected to...it was a SWEET ride with some technical descents and plenty of climbing. I can't wait to get back there. Luke said we could log a good 5-6 hour ride out there without hitting the same trail, which sounds like something we will have to do later in the season!


On saturday we had a bit of rain so I got in a really solid masters session in the morning (8x400 was the main set and I actually swam some decent times...I like swimming when I am feeling good =) ) and then hungout with Jess and caught a movie...gotta love rainy days sometimes. Although you would have thought the world was coming to an end by everyone's reaction to a LITTLE rain...seriously, 1 rainy day followed by 10 days of sunshine in the middle of winter is nothing to really complain about. About 2 weeks ago I was living in the rain and snow and it literally came down for a week straight. I will take this S.D. weather hands down!

Today I swam masters (swam fast again...yes!!!) and then met up with the fam for a killer breakfast on the water in Pacific Beach. Later in the afternoon I met up with James to explore his trails in the La Costa Hills. It was a GREAT ride with plenty of climbing. We rode some trails James has never been on and figured out that we could get in some serious trail time out in those hills. More exploration will take place soon...we only saw the tip of the iceberg.
So, I couldn't be happier about where I am right now with my training and life in San Diego is going really well. We really love the beach culture and it is really nice to be so close to everything (we haven't really had that for the last 5 years). Life is good and everyday it just get better! Have fun out there and remember that you only live once so make it count!

2 comments:

Luke said...

right on bro...well said!

Zippy said...

What Luke said. See you at Master's...