Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to training


Well, I am back to doing a bit of training and I am so excited about it. I can comfortably ride 2 hours a bit harder over a hilly route (done twice this week so far with another one planned for the weekend). I will continue to build the time gradually but I think I can hit 3 hrs or so in the next week or two. I have also been running a little bit....two 30 min runs after rides so far this week. I think the running will take some time but progress is being made.
I started back at masters swimming on Wednesday and I will go back tomorrow. I have been able to swim all along but I sort of lost the motivation once I was told how long I would be out. So, I am starting from scratch and it will be a long road but a long road is better then no road. To be honest, I am just loving being outside sweating my face off in this S.D. heat. It feels great to be tired and exhausted again from rides, run, swims. I obviously still need some time before being 100% but things are going well and I am fired up about it.
I got my new orthotics and I have been so sore for the last 3 days. I do feel that they are helping out a ton though and I am glad Rehab United has been there for me the past few weeks.
It is amazing how much you lose in terms of fitness. I know it will come back quickly but it sure is humbling to be working so hard on terrain I used to just fly up. I am struggling both aerobically and muscularly since I have been out for so long but the suffering feels so good =)

So, things are good here. Busy but good. Thanks for following my road to recovery! Hopefully I am healed up enough to start doing some of the club events again. Have fun out there!

4 comments:

Luke said...

amazing what a little wine will do! ;)

glad you're back at it!

runninggunner said...

Glad to hear you are back at it.

Zippy said...

Hurts so good. Hope to see you on some rides soon.

Ryan Denner said...

great news man!!!!