Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to training


Well, I am back to doing a bit of training and I am so excited about it. I can comfortably ride 2 hours a bit harder over a hilly route (done twice this week so far with another one planned for the weekend). I will continue to build the time gradually but I think I can hit 3 hrs or so in the next week or two. I have also been running a little bit....two 30 min runs after rides so far this week. I think the running will take some time but progress is being made.
I started back at masters swimming on Wednesday and I will go back tomorrow. I have been able to swim all along but I sort of lost the motivation once I was told how long I would be out. So, I am starting from scratch and it will be a long road but a long road is better then no road. To be honest, I am just loving being outside sweating my face off in this S.D. heat. It feels great to be tired and exhausted again from rides, run, swims. I obviously still need some time before being 100% but things are going well and I am fired up about it.
I got my new orthotics and I have been so sore for the last 3 days. I do feel that they are helping out a ton though and I am glad Rehab United has been there for me the past few weeks.
It is amazing how much you lose in terms of fitness. I know it will come back quickly but it sure is humbling to be working so hard on terrain I used to just fly up. I am struggling both aerobically and muscularly since I have been out for so long but the suffering feels so good =)

So, things are good here. Busy but good. Thanks for following my road to recovery! Hopefully I am healed up enough to start doing some of the club events again. Have fun out there!

4 comments:

Luke said...

amazing what a little wine will do! ;)

glad you're back at it!

runninggunner said...

Glad to hear you are back at it.

Zippy said...

Hurts so good. Hope to see you on some rides soon.

Ryan D said...

great news man!!!!