Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Tahoe coaching and "exercising" a bit

I am in Tahoe right now working with one of my athletes, Eric Ronning. I love Tahoe so to be able to combine some one-on-one coaching(which I love)with some time in the high mountains is ideal.
I got up here last night, took down some local mexican food and watched last years Xterra World Championships. It certainly sparked the fire for both of us. I will obviously miss the race this year b/c of my injury but it got me fired up to get back at it. This morning we went to the pool and did a ton of stroke work and underwater video. It was good for both of us to see ourselves so that we can both work on our technique. The lack of fitness and the altitude makes it hard for me to hold good form but, really, I have some areas that need improvement and I am looking forward to some work in the water to correct my flaws. It is really amazing how good the technology is getting...we used a tiny camara and it produced some great underwater video. It will be cool to track progress as fitness and form improve.
We are off for a ride along the Truckee River. My ride yesterday was pain free and it felt great to be back on the bike sweating a bit. So, we will see how it holds up today with some riding and then some flexibility/strength work in the gym.
That's it from here. I will post some pictures and video of us swimming soon.
Take care and have fun out there!

5 comments:

Zippy said...

I'm jealous you're in Tahoe and I'm not. Have fun!

Luke said...

+1...looks like i'm missing my tahoe trip this year. enjoy it bro...big blue rocks!

runninggunner said...

Glad to hear things are feeling better. Enjoy tahoe.

Ryan Weeger said...

tahoe sounds awesome, and the photos on your twitter look equally so. dont forget to knock back some beers too, not just mexican food and other desserts!

Slater Fletcher said...

It is amazing how much you can feel the elevation swimming...

Glad to hear you sweating it out on the bike in such a great place!