Saturday, October 20, 2007

A great day in paradise!

My day started with a swim and then Reto and I headed down to Big Sur for an epic ride. Whenever I just need to get away from everything I head down to Big Sur and ride Nacimiento Ferguson. It is an incredible climb (8 miles up one side and 3 miles back up)that shoots straight up from the ocean and drops into a beautiful canyon that goes on for a long time and runs along a stream. When I do this ride all my worries disappear and I am mentally rejuvenated and recharged. Today didn't disappoint...this ride with Reto put me in the right frame of mind as I near my biggest race of the year. To cap off a great day we drank a few beers and chowed on some killer mexican food...just what the Dr. ordered!

-A short video of the long decent back to the coast

No comments: