Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day 6

The day started early with 6 am masters practice. It was freezing this morning so it was a little rough making the dash from the locker room to the pool. We warmed up with some 50's and then had to swim 2 k straight alternating free/back by 50 and descending the free so that by the end you are really pushing it. Surprisingly, it went by pretty quickly and it felt good to really work on my stroke, making sure I am really "catching" the water. I am starting to feel so much more powerful in the water, much more so then ever before =)

After my swim I cruised back to the casa for some breakfast before my big adventure in the Santa Cruz mountains. I met up with my buddy Paul Roach (fellow Xterra athlete)...it was great to have company! We got in just about 4 hrs and 10,000 feet of climbing. I love the ride we did b/c it includes 2, 45 min climbs and the route runs through some amazing terrain. Today was gorgeous! The views were unbelievable. Some of the best riding in the country really is in Northern California. Of course, I didn't bring my camera so you will just have to take my word for it. It turned out to be one of the best rides I have done in a very long time. It was cold but I dressed appropriately this time so I stayed fairly comfortable despite the massive climbs and descents.
Tomorrow will be another masters session and a long run.
I think I am going to kill this entire pizza I just made and I am beat so I am going to cut this one short. Thanks for reading. Time for some recovery and then let's do it all again tomorrow! Yeahhh boyyyy! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Ryan D said...

dude, more pictures!

Zippy said...

Paul is an animal. I usualy beat him out of the water only to have him streak by in the opening miles of the bike leg. Get that boy in the water more and there's hardware in his future. Tell him I said "Hi" of you see him.