Monday, June 23, 2008

Back at it...

My week of excess is now over and boy does it feel good to be back training! I feel rather plump and out of shape, which is exactly the way I want to feel even though I HATE feeling like this. It was a good break mentally and physically. My hip is still bothering me a bit but i think some light movement will be good for it (since I went to medical school and all ;) ).
I got in a nice run and mountain bike ride this morning and it felt so good to sweat a bit. I will hit the pool for a short swim this afternoon just to get a feel for the water and to prepare myself for the masters sessions to come. This first week of swimming is going to be rough!!!
Oh, I love it though. I realize how much I enjoying being active when I spend time being inactive. I have really enjoyed training and racing this year so I am very excited to start my prep for Ogden and Nationals.
I will be racing this saturday (Xterra Tahoe City) just for fun...I love those Tahoe trails and that beautiful lake! I won't be resting for this race and, quite frankly, I don't have a really good track record when racing at altitude (unless I spent plenty of time training at altitude prior to the race) so it will be a great training day in a beautiful place, which is tough to beat.
Thanks for reading and have a good one!

No comments: